Module 3: Posing
This module introduces you to the concept of “Posing” moves. Essential questions, hinge questions, diagnostic questions, Socratic questions, open-ended questions–all of these types of questions can be posed during a lesson to build and check for understanding.
Posing is the art of asking questions that deepen learning experiences and size up learners’ needs in a lesson and across the unit. In this module, we consider various modalities, types, and purposes of posing moves that drive the process of checking for understanding with rich learning targets.
In this module, you’ll explore:
- A 20-25 minute video explaining Posing
- Video clip(s) of “Posing” in authentic classroom settings
- Checks for understanding and a Glossary to help you clarify content
- A PDF of References
By the end of this module, you will be able to:
- Define posing
- Describe why posing matters
- Apply good posing techniques in face-to-face, blended, and online instructional environments