Module 6: Bouncing
This module introduces you to the concept of “Bouncing” moves. Increasing student participation, student engagement, student uptake, student self-efficacy, student agency–all of these types of deeper learning strategies can be used during a lesson to build and check for understanding.
Bouncing is the art of sampling a variety of responses intentionally and systematically to better map terrain of student thinking during a lesson. In this module, we consider various modalities, types, and purposes of bouncing moves to improve the representativeness of student responses while checking for understanding.
In this module, you’ll explore:
- A 20-25 minute video explaining Bouncing
- Video clip(s) of “Bouncing” in authentic classroom settings
- Checks for understanding and a Glossary to help you clarify content
- A PDF of References
By the end of this module, you will be able to:
- Define bouncing
- Describe why bouncing matters
- Apply good bouncing techniques in face-to-face, blended, and online instructional environments