Module 7: Tagging
This module introduces you to the concept of “Tagging” moves. Scribing, writing, recording, illustrating, noting, visualizing –all of these types of deeper learning strategies can be used during a lesson to build and check for understanding.
Tagging is the art of publicly representing variation in student thinking by creating a snapshot or a running record of a class’s responses. In this module, we consider various modalities, types, and purposes of tagging moves to include more student voices, and hence better understand prior knowledge, p-prims and misconceptions, during the process of checking for understanding.
In this module, you’ll explore:
- A 20-25 minute video explaining Tagging
- Video clip(s) of “Tagging” in authentic classroom settings
- Checks for understanding and a Glossary to help you clarify content
- A PDF of References
By the end of this module, you will be able to:
- Define tagging
- Describe why tagging matters
- Apply good tagging techniques in face-to-face, blended, and online instructional environments